Friday, January 12, 2018

That moment

You know that moment you finally realize and tell yourself, "why have I let it carry on this long? Is it too late to put an end to it?"
Well, here goes!
If it doesn't serve you or make you happy and never made you happy, then I think it's time to make it stop. We accept so many things and for so long with the hope that change will come, and trust me it does come, but only to those who are intentional as to why they're holding on.
Those who hold on out of desperation and fear, I believe won't see that change, but will remain a prisoner. 
Then there's the fear of what other's may think. Well, the question is, "does your joy, and happiness depend on others, or do you want to continue pretending that all is well?"
When you decide that you  no longer want to be a prisoner, don't over-think your decision. That will ruin the vision you have for your life. Over-thinking will make you worry, and it will turn things around and it won't be for the better.
The saying goes "the struggle you're in will just make you stronger." Does it really, especially when you choose to stay in that struggle? I don't think so. 
When you do decide to hold on, let it be for the right reasons and not out of fear.
So, here's my last thought and it's well said by C.S. Lewis
"Mental pain is less dramatic than physical pain, but it is more common and also much more hard to bear. The frequent attempt to conceal mental pain increases the burden: it is easier to say My tooth is aching than to say my heart is broken."
We hold things in and it gets worse. It's not good for the soul. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Every Moment

I'm literally sitting here laughing about everything that happened this year. At one point life seems perfect, I'm havin...