Wednesday, May 29, 2019

I needed this - I had to decide


Year in and year out it's the same old story. The same pathetic words that left my mouth,

"I can't"


"What will they say"

"What will they think of me"

"That's not me"

"Why don't you do it"

"I'm too fat, I will never fit into that pants or that top is too out there. The color is too bright"

 

…and the list goes on and on. Well, that was me for a very long time. CAN YOU RELATE TO THIS?

You just have your whole familiar life planned out. They way you are now is just the way you'll stay. The complaints will always be there. The dissatisfaction towards yourself will continue, and people will just start staying away from because you can't or you won't see your worth. You know what I was doing? I was teaching them to disrespect me because I couldn't even respect myself.

You know we will forever question people's motives towards us. We will forever be unhappy with ourselves and how things are in our lives. We will forever blame others for happenings in our lives – and as long as we question, blame and cry, things will never change if we don't come to a decision to change our questions.

"Could things be the way that they are because I am the way that I am. What one thing can I change in order to see change in my life?"

I read the book called "Alice in Wonderland" by Lewis Caroll not too long ago. I literally had a life changing moment which turned out to change my life. I read a very interesting part.

"Alice: Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?
The Cheshire Cat: That depends a good deal on where you want to get to.
Alice: 
I don't much care where.
The Cheshire Cat: 
Then it doesn't much matter which way you go.
Alice: 
...So long as I get somewhere.
The Cheshire Cat: 
Oh, you're sure to do that, if only you walk long enough."

How true is this. We question "why" but when someone else asks where you want to go and what do you want to do, we still have no clue. With that said, if you don't have a plan on where you're going, you will still ask the same questions for a very long time and still stay stuck and go nowhere.

 

I can honestly say:

"I am no longer stuck"

"No longer disrespect me"

"I love myself"

"I look after my body"

"I no longer look at other and then judge me by the way they look"

"I look at me and say, this is your next step"

 

I no longer have self-esteem issues because now I know, "self-esteem means confidence and satisfaction in one-self."

I can now love others with boldness because I love me. 

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Every Moment

I'm literally sitting here laughing about everything that happened this year. At one point life seems perfect, I'm havin...