Saturday, September 12, 2015

It Gets So Much Easier

Growing up I haven't had the easiest life. Although my brother and sister would totally disagree with me regarding that statement. (**,). I would also say that they didn't have it easy although it seemed like they did.
My father was almost never at home(seaman), and my mom would always make a way for us to have food and a roof over our heads.
I never understood why things were the way they were, but I always knew things would get better some day.
I never for one minute thought that my mom was depending on God to make a way where all things seemed so impossible. We would always move around from one room in a house filled with people or to a house we could never really call our own. As a child I couldn't understand why my mom was so humble and In a way I saw her being the tail in various situations, but yet she stayed humble.
Today I'm a married woman with my own children and often I reflect on those days. I thank God for my childhood days. It made me so strong. I figured out who the person is who made my mom so strong. I figured out who the person is who taught my mom humility. I figured out who kept my alive when my mom went to work and I had to wait for her on a pavement. Today, I know that Jesus was the one my mom trusted with everything she had. She trusted Jesus with her life.
There are days I feel exactly how my mom felt when she had to do things that seemed impossible. Today I know Jesus and I can freely give all anxiety, burdens and that unworthy feeling to Him. He doesn't moan when I do and He even thanks me for doing so.
I have come to know Him. I have come to know myself because of Him, and I have come to know what He's passionate about. I want to know Him more every day and as I do, I love myself even more. It actually makes it easier to love those who curse, hate, judge and hurt themselves.
Love covers a multitude of sins.
In His Love
Leslene
Sent from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Every Moment

I'm literally sitting here laughing about everything that happened this year. At one point life seems perfect, I'm havin...