Thursday, August 27, 2026

When Appetite Becomes Bigger Than Purpose

If a person grew up in a home where finances was ALWAYS limited, they will either say " this is how it should be" or, they will say "I want to experience more and create a better life, so I will use wisdom."
Growing up for me was not easy because we constantly had to rely on others and I literally grew up thinking, "This is how it should be"
Now that I'm older, I know better and try my utmost to rely on alignment and wisdom.
I also tell myself not that I am older and I'd say wiser, I don't want to spend money simply because I have access to it.
I don't want to borrow to look blessed.
I don't want to confuse the ability to purchase something with prosperity.
I don't want to feed an appetite with money that belongs to my purpose.
I am learning that praying for more must be accompanied by the discipline to faithfully steward what I already have. Because what is the point of asking God for greater things if I cannot manage the little things He has already placed in my hands?
I don't want to look prosperous. I want to become prosperous in character, wisdom, discipline and stewardship.
I don't want financial pretending with religious perfume on it.
I want alignment.
I want purpose.
I want discipline.
I want to be able to say no when my appetite says yes.
And when something extra comes into my hands, I want to ask:
“Does this belong to my appetite, or does this belong to my purpose?”
Because every rand has a job.
Every opportunity has a purpose.
Every blessing requires stewardship.
And perhaps the prayer shouldn't always be, “God, give me more.”
Perhaps sometimes it should be:
“God, teach me to be faithful with what I already have.”
Because more money won't fix an undisciplined appetite. More money will simply give that appetite more power.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When Appetite Becomes Bigger Than Purpose

If a person grew up in a home where finances was ALWAYS limited, they will either say " this is how it should be" or, ...