Friday, September 18, 2026

When Someone Says No, Find Another Way


Sometimes rejection feels like a door closing.
Someone makes a decision.
Someone changes their mind.
Someone tells you they can no longer do something for you.
And initially, it can hurt.
You may feel disappointed. You may feel inconvenienced. You may even wonder how you're going to manage without what you had become accustomed to.
But sometimes, a closed door brings something unexpected:
Freedom.
There is something exhausting about repeatedly asking someone for something when, deep down, you feel that they don't really want to give it.
Even when they say yes, you can feel the hesitation.
And eventually, asking begins to feel less like receiving help and more like begging for permission.
But I've learned something:
I don't want to live my life feeling like I am begging for access to something that someone else has decided they no longer want to provide.
If someone says no, I can accept the no.
I don't have to argue.
I don't have to convince them.
I don't have to keep asking.
I can simply say, “Okay. I'll find another way.”
And that is where your power begins.
Because your future cannot depend entirely on another person's willingness to help you.
People are allowed to make decisions about what they will and won't do.
And you are allowed to make decisions about what you will do next.
There was a time when something I had relied on was suddenly no longer available to me.
I had a choice:
I could remain stuck in the disappointment, or I could find another way.
I found another way.
And I can do it again.
So can you.
Sometimes we become so comfortable with the way things have always been that we forget we are capable of adapting.
We forget that we survived before.
We forget that we solved problems before.
We forget that we have found solutions when there seemed to be none.
A person's “no” does not have to become your limitation.
Their decision does not determine your destiny.
Their inability to help you does not mean you are helpless.
Their rejection does not mean you are rejected by life.
It simply means:
Find another way.
And sometimes, when you finally stop asking, you realise just how much emotional weight you were carrying.
You realise how uncomfortable it felt to keep going back.
You realise how much easier it is to make your own plan.
And suddenly, what you thought was a loss becomes a lesson in independence.
So today, I want to remind someone:
If somebody says no, don't beg.
If somebody closes a door, don't spend your life standing outside it.
If somebody changes their mind, don't let their decision change your belief in yourself.
Take a breath.
Accept what you cannot change.
Then ask yourself:
“What is my next move?”
Because your future is bigger than one person's decision.
Your journey is bigger than one person's approval.
Your possibilities are bigger than one person's willingness to help.
You may have to take a different route.
You may have to make a new plan.
You may have to do something differently than you expected.
But you can.
You will find a way.
And perhaps one day you'll look back and realise:
That closed door didn't stop me. It taught me how to open another one.
Your future does not belong to the people who say yes to you.
And it does not belong to the people who say no to you.
Your future is yours to build.
So when someone says no, accept it with dignity.
Don't beg.
Don't chase.
Don't shrink.
Don't become bitter.
Just lift your head, trust God, and find another way.
There is always another way forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Better Than Life

24 September 2026 This morning, I found myself sitting on my bed, literally bawling my eyes out. Not because I am sad. But becau...