Wednesday, September 16, 2026

When God Provides in Ways You Never Expected


This morning, I found myself sitting quietly and thinking about the faithfulness of God.
There are certain Scriptures that become more than words on a page. You meditate on them, carry them with you, and then suddenly, something happens that makes those words come alive.
Two Scriptures have been especially close to my heart:
“And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.” — Philippians 4:19
And:
“So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded.” — Hebrews 10:35
I have been thinking about that word: confidence.
Not confidence in myself alone.
Not confidence in people.
Not confidence in circumstances.
Confidence in God.
Because sometimes faith means continuing to believe when you cannot yet see how the answer will come.
You pray.
You keep moving.
You keep working.
You keep trusting.
And then, sometimes, God provides in a way you could never have planned.
Today was one of those moments for me.
For some time, I had been praying for something that would help me with my business. I needed a device that would make it easier for me to work, create, manage things and continue building what God has placed in my hands.
I didn't know exactly how that provision would come.
Then my boss returned from America.
He greeted me, asked how I was doing, and then blessed me with an iPad.
An iPad.
Something I had actually been praying for.
I was overwhelmed.
I was emotional.
Because I couldn't help but think:
God, You really do hear me.
It reminded me that God is not limited to the methods we imagine.
Sometimes we think provision must come through one particular door, one particular person, or one particular opportunity.
But God sees what we cannot see.
He can use people.
He can use opportunities.
He can use unexpected conversations.
He can use circumstances we never saw coming.
And sometimes He simply reminds us:
“I have not forgotten you.”
But there is something else I have been thinking about.
I have become increasingly aware of the importance of guarding what I allow into my heart.
I cannot control what people say about me.
I cannot control how people interpret me.
I cannot control whether someone chooses to misunderstand me.
But I can control what I choose to put back into the world.
I can choose kindness.
I can choose grace.
I can choose not to answer negativity with negativity.
I can choose not to allow somebody else's opinion of me to become my opinion of myself.
And I can choose to continue walking with God.
I don't want to become a negative person simply because I have encountered negativity.
I don't want somebody else's bitterness to become mine.
I don't want somebody else's words to change the way I love people.
Because how can I say that I love God, whom I have never physically seen, while allowing hatred for people around me to take root in my heart?
I may not have seen God with my physical eyes, but I feel Him. I know His Word. I experience His presence. I see His fingerprints in places I never expected to find them.
And perhaps one of the ways I honour Him is by choosing to remain kind even when kindness isn't always returned.
That doesn't mean I don't have boundaries.
It doesn't mean I allow people to disrespect me.
It doesn't mean I have to remain in every relationship or tolerate everything.
It simply means I don't have to become what has hurt me.
I can be firm without becoming bitter.
I can have boundaries without becoming cruel.
I can walk away without wishing harm on anyone.
I can protect my peace without losing my kindness.
And through all of this, God continues to remind me that He is faithful.
The iPad was not just a gift to me.
It became a reminder.
A reminder that I prayed.
A reminder that God heard.
A reminder that provision can arrive through places I never expected.
And a reminder not to throw away my confidence simply because I cannot yet see the outcome.
My confidence is not in knowing how everything will work out.
My confidence is in knowing Who holds the outcome.
That is what Hebrews 10:35 speaks to in my heart:
Don't throw away your confidence.
Keep believing.
Keep trusting.
Keep moving.
Keep being faithful.
Because the reward may not arrive in the form or at the time you expected.
But that does not mean God is not working.
And when God does place something in my hands, then comes another responsibility:
Stewardship.
If God gives me an opportunity, I want to manage it well.
If He gives me finances, I want to manage them wisely.
If He gives me a business, I want to build it with integrity.
If He gives me influence, I want to use it responsibly.
If He gives me people, I want to treat them with kindness.
If He gives me a dream, I want to work.
If He gives me a blessing, I want to steward it well.
Because a blessing is not only something to celebrate.
It is also something to steward.
I don't want to keep asking God for more while mishandling what He has already trusted me with.
I want to be faithful with what is already in my hands.
And when something new comes, I want to receive it with gratitude rather than entitlement.
Today, I am simply grateful.
Grateful for provision.
Grateful for unexpected blessings.
Grateful for people God chooses to use.
Grateful that I don't have to understand every detail of how He is working.
Grateful that I can continue to be kind without allowing negativity to change who I am.
And grateful that I can look at my life and say:
God has been faithful.
Perhaps you are waiting for something today.
Perhaps you have prayed about something for months.
Perhaps you cannot see how it will happen.
Don't throw away your confidence.
Your provision may not come through the door you are watching.
It may come through a door you didn't even know existed.
Keep praying.
Keep working.
Keep being kind.
Keep your boundaries.
Keep your heart clean.
Keep stewarding what is already in your hands.
And keep trusting the One who sees the whole picture when you can only see one small piece.
Because sometimes, the answer to your prayer is already on its way.
You just don't know what it will look like yet.
And when it comes, pause.
Look around.
Give thanks.
And say:
“Lord, thank You. I see Your hand. Help me steward this well, so that everything You place in my hands brings You glory.”
I will not throw away my confidence.
I will keep believing.
I will keep moving.
I will keep being faithful with what is in my hands.
And when God provides, I will receive it with gratitude, steward it with wisdom, and give Him all the glory.
My confidence remains in Him.
He is faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When Appetite Becomes Bigger Than Purpose

If a person grew up in a home where finances was ALWAYS limited, they will either say " this is how it should be" or, ...