Saturday, January 17, 2015

At His Feet - Day 14

 She had a sister named Mary, who sat down in front of the Lord and was listening to what he said. 40 Martha was worried about all that had to be done. Finally, she went to Jesus and said, "Lord, doesn't it bother you that my sister has left me to do all the work by myself? Tell her to come and help me!"
- Luke 10:39

It is better to sit at the Lord's feet than to be busy trying to please others. And if that is not enough, we complain when we are too busy. We then start complaining as if we were instructed to do the work. God wants us to stop with the pretense and sit at the feet of Jesus.
This fast should teach us how to be in a closer relationship with our Father.
"...Martha was busy in the kitchen. Later she stepped in, interrupting them. "Master, don't you care that my sister has abandoned the kitchen to me? Tell her to lend me a hand." The Master said. "Martha dear Martha, you're fussing far too much and getting yourself worked up over nothing. One thing only is essential, and Mary has chosen it-it's the main course, and won't be taken from her."
Mary chose to sit at the feet of Jesus and to make that her main focus. Despite of Martha's fussing. She was not moved.
ARE YOU MOVED?

In His Love
Leslene
Sent from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Every Moment

I'm literally sitting here laughing about everything that happened this year. At one point life seems perfect, I'm havin...