Thursday, January 8, 2015

Rest - Day 6

"He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness For His name's sake." Psalms 23:2-3

Rest is, "and anchor of the soul" (Hebrews 6:19), which keeps us from being tossed around on the sea of circumstances. It's not just the feeling of ease we get from a vacation or relaxation or a sound sleep at night; true rest is a place inside ourselves where we can be still and know that He is God, no matter what appears to be happening around us.
Jesus says, "Come to me, all you who labor and are heavily laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
He instructs us not allow our hearts to be troubled but to resist it by deciding to rest in Him.
We must say, "God, I choose this day to enter into the rest You have for me. Show me how."

This morning on day 5, I feel unsettled within me. I feel tired, anxious, and moody. It's only day 5 and today I feel worried and wonder how I will feel on the days that still lie ahead, BUT I do realize, it's not of God. The enemy wants me to give up, but God says something else. He is teaching me about His "Rest"
I will not be anxious and keep going. God has a plan. I will rest in Him.
When we rest in Him, He reveals all that stands in our way. Resting is "casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." (1 Peter 5:7) and learning to be content no matter what the circumstance (Phil. 4:11) - not being necessarily delighted with those circumstances but being able to say, "God is in charge. I have prayed about it. He knows my need. I am obeying to the best of my knowledge. I can rest."
In His Love
Leslene

Sent from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Every Moment

I'm literally sitting here laughing about everything that happened this year. At one point life seems perfect, I'm havin...